Last updated: 16th October 2022
At FAB Research we are committed to protecting your privacy. We are committed to providing a safe and secure online environment.
2) Collection of Personal Data
We collect your information in two ways: (1) directly (including personal information like name and email address provided to us by you when you subscribe to our services as an Associate Member or newsletter (eAlert) subscriber); and (2) indirectly (when you visit our websites, some technical details will automatically be supplied to our computers via your device, like the IP address, the operating system and the internet browser used).
We also collect cumulative and user-specific information on what pages users access or visit. The information we collect is used for our review purposes, to improve the content of our web pages, to notify associates and those who subscribe to our newsletters about updates to our websites.
The personal information collected directly from you may contain the following details:
• Postal Address
• Email address
When joining FAB Research we need information from you that identifies you personally, and this will be processed in accordance with, and will comply with, the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Data protection laws vary among countries. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply common protections described in this policy. As stated above, these protections align with and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) which is regarded as the most robust privacy and security law in the world.
This includes your name, postal and e-mail address. If you make a donation and wish to be kept informed about our activities, then we will require your contact details. We also require your email address if you subscribe to our newsletters and email alerts.
If you become an associate of FAB Research or make an equivalent donation and wish to be kept informed of our activities you will be automatically opted in to receive:
• Emails that keep you updated about our activities
• Renewal reminders – for associates who require a reminder
• Newsletters from FAB Research
If you sign up for our email alerts then you will also receive emails to keep you updated about new information on our websites.
You may opt out of these at the registration stage, or any time thereafter, by following the instructions at the bottom of the alert.
We may also collect information that you provide when you: (1) purchase a product from us; (2) participate in events or promotions; (3) send questions or comments via email or live chat; (4) interact with our customer support team; (5) apply for a job or volunteer position with us online; (6) fill out surveys; or (7) otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information that you provide may include your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, credit card information, and other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
3) Use of Personal Data
We use the collected data in the following ways:
• To provide you with our services: Associate Membership, Webinar events, newsletters and other mailings
• To contact you, e.g. in the event of sending you a reset password email
• To save your settings and preferences in order to prevent you from having to re-enter this information
• To generate traffic insights in order to understand how users interact with our platform and how we can improve our services
• To create statistics about the use of our services
• To further protect our services against misuse
• To ensure complicity with all the statutory obligations that apply to us
• Processing your personal data in any other way will only occur if you have given us your unambiguous permission for such additional processing.
4) Data Retention
Unless we receive a deletion request, we will retain your information. We do not keep your personal details for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which you submitted them.
5) International Use of Websites
6) Purchasing from FAB Research
During transactions, we always use industry-standard encryption technologies and a secure server for transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.
Information about secure ordering online We are committed to ensuring the security and privacy of information supplied by our customers. The sites use a secure server provided by WorldPay that encrypts all your credit-card information to ensure that no one else can view the details. The security of the connection will be confirmed by the presence of the padlock icon in the lower right-hand corner or lower left-hand corner of your browser.
Most web browsers offer tools/preferences to make website visits anonymous. However, if your browser does not accept cookies from our websites, you may not be able to access, view, or utilise all features of the websites.
Google uses this information to keep track of how you use the websites, to generate reports on website activity for the website operators, and to offer other services relating to website activity and internet use.
Google may pass this information on to third parties if it is legally required to do so or if third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not link your IP address to any other information in its possession relating to you.
We also use Kajabi Analytics for the above stated purposes, relating to the site, https://info.fabresearch.org/.
By using our websites, you consent to the processing of the information by Google and Kajabi, in the manner and for the purposes described here.
8) Your personal data information rights:
At all times, FAB Research will comply with the following rights regarding your personal data:
• Right to rectification – you can ask that your information be updated or corrected
• Right to be forgotten – you can ask that your information be permanently deleted
• Right of portability – you can ask to have your information transferred to another organisation
• Right to object – you may seek to prohibit certain uses of your personal data
• Right of access – you have the right to know what personal data has been collected about you and how it is being used.
Should you invoke your stated right and remove your credit card details which are necessary for reoccurring payment of an active Associate Membership you will forfeit your right to Associate Membership benefits and said benefits will be withdrawn. For any of the above requests regarding your personal details, you can contact our Data Controller at [email protected]
9) Third-Party Links and Uses
Your privacy is important to us, and we strive to do everything we can to protect the privacy of our users. We do not sell or exchange personally identifiable information with any third parties.
11) Charity Contact Information